Programs by Grade
Westport Continuing Education was hoping to provide programs for the morning cohort in November. Unfortunately we are unable to provide these programs due to issues with facilities, staffing, and safety. The transition time between the AM and PM sessions does not allow for opportunities to provide programs due to a lack of space and staffing. The schools use this time to thoroughly clean work areas. Additionally, adult supervision of students is dedicated to the dismissal of the AM session and the arrival of the PM session.
From the outset it was decided that we would proceed cautiously during the pandemic. For this reason, after school programs were put on hold until they could safely operate. Programs are now available beginning the week of November 9 for the A - K cohorts at each elementary school. Programs will be available for the L - Z cohort when the schedule switches again in January. This will give families equity and access to WCE’s wide range of after school enrichment.
October & November Programs:
- Programs at the elementary schools are currently open for the afternoon A-K cohort for the students attending that school only (under the hybrid model)
- In person programs begin the week of November 9 - after the morning and afternoon cohorts are switched.
- Students must wear masks, observe social distancing and wash hands / sanitize hands frequently.
Online | Live Remote Programs
- Online / Live Remote programs are open to any student, not just Westport students!
- Please note: the email that you use to register is the email that we use to send you instructions.
Online / Live Remote classes will use Google Meet or Zoom. Students should have a dedicated computer with a webcam and sound (you can wear ear buds) and an internet connection for the class. The registration deadline for online courses is 2 business days before the class starts. Participants will receive an email with the information to join the course online the day before (or the Friday before for classes beginning on a Monday).