Programs by Grade
Welcome to Summer 2021!
Westport Continuing Education provides a wide array of summer programs and camps for
grades entering K-12 in the fall. Take a look at our Summer Brochure for Kids & Teens.
View our clickable and interactive week-by-week schedule here >>
Please email email@example.com or call 203-341-1209 with any questions.
Please note that the pandemic may cause changes in our operations that are unpredictable. We are planning for in-person camps and programs that follow guidelines established by the CDC and American Camp Association, including wearing masks, social distancing, sanitizing, small group sizes, and more outdoor activities. More detailed information will be provided when it becomes available, including state guidelines for summer camps and programs.
Summer 2021 Protocols
Westport Continuing Education (WCE) has established the following COVID protocols based on the CDC and American Camping Association guidelines. We will continue to adjust our policies and procedures based on the future guidelines issued by local officials and the state of Connecticut Department of Public Health and the Office of Early Childhood Development. As of
March 30, 2021:
● Drop-off and pick-up of kids will occur outside. Parents / guardians should not enter buildings.
● Parents should report absences ahead of time.
● Staff and participants will be required to use masks at all times.
● Masks during sports and specific guidelines for sports will be issued via CIAC, state and local sources.
● Social Distancing: Participants will space 6’ apart. Group sizes will be limited to 16 students. Groups may increase to 18 in a space providing a minimum of 50 square feet of total indoor usable program space.
● Small groups will stay together in cohorts with the same staff.
● WCE will make its best effort to group together kids who are friends, neighbors, siblings, etc.
● Outdoor activities and “mask breaks” will be scheduled frequently.
● WCE expects all of its programs to have adequate health and safety supplies including hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, masks, etc.
Deadline / Late Fee
For most classes, the DEADLINE to register will be the Thursday before the camps starts. Please note that Culinary Arts has a different deadline one week before the program begins.
A $25 late fee will be incurred after the deadline.
Early / Late Pick-Up Fees
Please be prompt for drop-off and pick-up times, our instructors have other commitments. Early and late pick-ups will be invoiced on a per child basis. $10 for 10 minutes; $20 for each 15-minute increment thereafter.
Locations & Class Format
We are hoping that most of our camps will take place in-person. We are also offering camps that will be live and interactive online. This will be indicated next to the program dates. Locations include:
GFS: Greens Farms Elementary School
BMS: Bedford Middle School
SHS: Staples High School
Wakeman: Wakeman Fields, adjacent to BMS
Lunch, Snacks & Water
Bring water and a nut-free snack for mornings and / or afternoons and water and a nut-free lunch for all-day programs. Lunch is offered daily by Chartwells. The Bedford Middle School cafeteria is open 8:00 am–2:00 pm.
Discovery Camp at Greens Farms Elementary & Staples High School: boxed lunches available for delivery.
For the menu & order form, visit: http://www.westportps.org/district/food-services