Programs by Grade: 9
Westport Continuing Education (WCE) High School Academics provides opportunities for students to take a limited number of Staples High School classes during the summer for advancement or to study subjects that time during the regular school year does not allow. The deadline to apply is Friday, May 27, 2022.
As of 5/31/22: there are still spots available for Geometry, Chemistry & Physical Education. Please call the WCE office at 203-341-1209 for information on registering.
Instructions and Application to Register
Students must obtain prior written approval from 1) the curriculum coordinator and 2) their guidance counselor.
1) Complete the Google Form with the student’s basic information & class selection. Complete the online form here >>
2) Obtain signatures from your curriculum coordinator and your guidance counselor. Call the WCE office for the form at 203-341-1209 or email email@example.com.
3) Students may also obtain approvals via email.
4) PAYMENT will be collected online after the registration deadline, Friday, May 27.
- Parents will be notified by email to register online.
- You will need to complete the entire registration process and make the payment. Please make sure your student's grade level is correct.
- Online Registration will be open to the students who qualify between May 31 - June 10.
1 Credit Classes: June 27 - August 5 | $1,350
#100: Chemistry A | 8:00 am - 12:15 pm | SHS
#101: Physics A | 8:00 am - 12:15 pm CANCELED
#102: Geometry A | 8:00 am - 12:15 pm | SHS
½ credit: June 28 - July 16 | #103: U.S. Government CANCELED
¼ credit: Physical Education | Hybrid Class | $365
#104a: June 27 - July 15 | 8:00 - 10:15 am
Week 1: June 27 - July 1 | Mon - Fri
Week 2: July 5 - July 8 | Tues - Fri (Distance learning week with no on-campus classes)
Week 3: July 11 - July 14| Mon - Thurs
#104b: July 18 - Aug 4 | 8:00 - 10:15 am
Week 1: July 18 - July 22 | Mon - Fri
Week 2: July 25 - July 29 | Mon - Fri (Distance learning week with no on-campus classes)
Week 3: Aug 1 - Aug 4 | Mon - Thurs